The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
A day in your life with us:
- Review and revise sustainability proposals or policies.
- Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability.
- Identify or create new sustainability indicators.
- Identify or investigate violations of natural resources, waste management, recycling, or other environmental policies.
- Write project proposals to secure funding for sustainability projects
- Provide technical or administrative support for sustainability programs or issues.
- Identify or procure needed resources to implement sustainability programs or projects.
- Create or maintain plans or other documents related to sustainability projects.
- Develop reports or presentations to communicate the effectiveness of sustainability initiatives.
- Create marketing or outreach media, such as brochures or web sites, to communicate sustainability issues, procedures, or objectives.
- Collect information about waste stream management or green building practices to inform decision-makers.
- Assess or propose sustainability initiatives, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and acceptance.
- Monitor or track sustainability indicators, such as energy usage, natural resource usage, waste generation, and recycling.
- 5+ years experience in Sustainability with a degree in Environmental Studies.
- Track record of Developing sustainability project goals, objectives, initiatives, or strategies
- Experience working successfully within a matrixed organization.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team or teams, working in multiple projects simultaneously
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.