The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
To develop and inspire a team of interior design co-workers competence to create relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA brand as the leader in life at home and increase interest for home furnishing in the local market.
- Lead and manage a team of interior design co-worker in secure/apply/inspire/ raise their competence in range presentation and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation and home furnishing solutions in room settings, homes, vignettes and sales support areas.
- Be responsible for translating insights from home visit interviews into locally relevant-life at home book let. Lead ID co-worker team to deliver functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing the IKEA way.
- Lead a team of ID co-workers in creating the store Showroom matrix that reflects a wide variety of styles, living situations, life at home and price levels that create a good tempo with distinct visual impressions.
- Secure that interior designer execute home furnishing solutions with high quality, deep inside life at home, simplicity, cost-effectiveness and efficiency using global tools and best practices.
- Maintain deep and up-to-date knowledge about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to support the Com&In manager to facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with strong visual impressions.
- Act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and ensure the Interior Design co-workers understand the impact of Com&In actions on the financial results.
- Ensure the team always keep visitors in mind, disruption is minimized and communicate changes when working on the shop floor.
- Actively contribute in the national Interior Design network and share national directions and global tools with the Interior Design co-workers in the stores.
- Be responsible to stimulate the interest and Interpret-engage with local market relevant, home furnishing content and trends in order to position IKEA as a leading influencer for Life At Home through other stakeholder with in organization need.
- Contribute to the related home furnish range presentation and other related-development project throughout the organization.
- Home furnishing the IKEA way (living situations, style groups, store communication, furnish with light).
- Range presentation the IKEA way (layout as a commercial tool, store media, display techniques).
- Understand life at home in the local market and the outcome of market research, e.g. IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey, IKEA Brand Capital.
- Understand interior design and trends that influence home furnishing, the work method for presenting the IKEA range, IKEA Concept and IKEA Brand objectives as well as IKEA mechanical sales system.
- Ability to identify and combine commercial, aesthetic, creative and practical mind that can lead and contribute to setting clear directions.
- Ability to create a trustful and creative environment.
- Ability to lead creative processes.
- Ability to lead and manage the coworker in raise their knowledge and competence.
- Ability to present, facilitate and communicate to the others with fluently in English.
- Ability to influence and convince with clear communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, initiate and transfer development and innovation opportunities into tangible actions.
- Ability to visualise the one IKEA Brand and provide –challenging a better seamless solutions across all IKEA touchpoint.