The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the JobQualification
Reporting to the IKEA Food Manager, you will be responsible:
• Leading the IKEA Café, Bistro and Swedish Food Market as a strong communication mix to strengthen IKEA’s home furnishing business market position in the local market.
• Accountable for the SFM/Bistro revenue and customer satisfaction goals towards IKEA Food Direction & Strategy, including financial performance i.e. gross profit, costs, man-hours planning, and productivity levels.
• Cooperation with the IKEA Food Management Team to enhance the link between the IKEA Restaurant & Café and the Swedish Food Market by taking actions to promote cross merchandising/communication.
• Responsible for food preparation and the cash registry in ensuring adherence to the guidelines stipulated in IKEA Concept Documentation and IKEA Safety & Security Risk Manual.
• Ensure a safe working environment for co-workers and customers in accordance with prevailing local health and safety regulations and HACCP standards.
• Act in accordance with the IKEA Sustainability Direction and work with the team to take actions that contribute to sustainability, such as waste management.
• A promoter of the IKEA Values and create a healthy IKEA Culture in the work environment for co-worker. Be a coach for co-workers; securing their training and develop successors to the roles in the department.
• In charge to strengthen the IKEA Low-Price profile by having welcome back offers at the Bistro and always ensuring the area is always In-Shape-As-New. Use to the fullest the potential of the IKEA Concept; tools, manuals, guidelines and other best practices.
You have good exposure to a vibrant retail environment, with at least 3 to 5 years of food service management experience in a high-volume business. Strong leadership with experience in managing and developing a team.More Information
You are customer-focused, highly analytical and able to multi-task in a fast-paced retail environment. Preferably with sales experience and knowledge of IKEA merchandising techniques gained in an IKE Store or similar food service/hospitality environment. You are fluent in English and a minor language and have a good knowledge of PC skills. Experience and with proven track records for creating long-term action plans and setting budgets and follow up. You have proven leadership abilities and can create an environment to motivate, develop and bring out the best in co-workers
Please apply by 31 January 2023